Tatertots & Jello had posted on FB that a reader needed 145 crayon rolls for children in Haiti (makes me wonder if there is a connection there to Brandon and Jess who will be going to Haiti in about 9 days.....hmmmmm.) I have been wanting to make one for miss k for a while so I told her I would make some too! I need to mail these out....i've been sick so things have been hay-wire around here.
Here is the end result:
i used this tutorial from prudent baby and it was really easy!
only took two nap times to finish all four of them, lol. gotta love naptime!!
It would have been faster but i was doing other things as well.
Did you notice what i did wrong?? lol...
well.....on the blue one.....i ironed on the interfacing onto the wrong side (the good side not the inside part) of the fabric! hahaha. oh well. that would be k's she won't care. it doesn't look that bad. but....then....i also sewed the lines on that one wrong in about 2 spots (so 2 of the pockets are smaller, 2 are bigger). hahaha. oh well. crayons still fit, it still looks cool. and to my 2 year old.....she doesn't know the difference. she doesn't even like it! she takes all the caryons out of it and gives me the roll back. weirdo. then she can't put them back in. maybe she will appreciate it more when she is 3. or maybe when we think she isn't color blind. seriously. we think she is color blind. she is soooo smart and still can't do the whole color thing. it's a constant battle. we will keep on trying for a little while, i'm sure she will get it eventually.
Takes me back to when I was a little girl :) My mom used to make these for craft shows, and I had my own that I carried with me everywhere :) Love the fact you offered to make some and donate!
ReplyDeleteJen
www.dishesandsocks.com
Very nice! I guess I have found an idea for a x-mas giveaway for the kids. Thank you
ReplyDelete