Baby fever that is....not beiber fever. lol!

(thought this was funny!)
So i got this new calling in our ward. In the compassionate services. I'm the pregnant moms leader. So basically, I keep in contact with all the preggo moms = Make sure they have everything they need, if not make sure the Relief society can step in and help where they can. Set-up meals for when they deliver. Visit them once a month. And anything else I feel like I need to help with, or to direct the RS's attention to.
I love it!
I really do.
It's hard because you never know who is pregnant....and you can't just awkwardly ask someone....rude?
yep. don't want to be that girl.
Luckily, I've seen where people have announced when we first moved in and remembered them. Or there are those who are so obviously preggo that you can't miss them. Or just asked here and there....and they actually have a sign-up sheet in RS that goes around...(unreliable since last I saw there was 2 on this list and I counted in sacrament meeting on sunday.....about 11-12!!! seriously!)
That's alot of preggos!!
Wow!
Before I came here I prayed that I would meet lots of people and that I could have the opportunity to serve and that I could be more involved. Most importantly was the more involved part. I wanted to really be 110% in everything. It seemed like, in my old ward, since it was my family ward, I was Rose's Daughter and not our own family. We didn't quite fit in. I was too young or too old, or felt left out for being the single one. It wasn't anything that anyone else did, just my own self-conscienceness (?)
Now....we are the Lawrence's. We are our family and there isn't a pre-conceived notion that responsibility will fall upon my mom since she is the matriarch. (does this make any sense??? i think i'm confusing myself here. lol) that was a random tangent....
So here is my opportunity....I was called to serve in this area and I know I can help these ladies. I'm so excited! I've already got meetings scheduled, meals planned, and my own notebook with each lady having their own section so I can remember things about them.
(Everyone is having a boy, btw. so far.)
All these preggos are giving me baby fever thou. i'm not gonna lie.
no i am not preggo, so please dont ask :)
I know how you feel about being the kid of whoever... I feel like that sometimes... :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun calling
ReplyDelete