Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scallop Bag




Have you seen this sew-a-long at see kate sew??
It's so cute!
(you can click on the pic above to be directed to her site and the link-up)
She made a tote pattern with a whole tutorial--with lots of pictures!



this is how mine turned out!
I was in need of a bag for church. just for our class manuals (marriage and family relations--so much fun!) plus scriptures and my gospel principles book (which I canNOT find!! grrr.)


I HAD to add a ruffle....of course. 
it's so thin because I only used a fat quarter of the aqua (my fav color, can you tell?)
and that was all I had left! lol


I also serged the edges of my scallops before sewing them on. 
just in case. 


I added some pockets to the back of the outside
like for my cell phone!!
I always lose it at church...not that I really use it, but since I can't find my manual, I use it for that. 
I added a label. I figured I could since I did make it by hand and I am not going to be selling it....and I'm not claiming to have made the pattern.


the inside....
I used an old curtain!!
awesome!
plus I added more pockets, you know, for pens, candy bars, my checkbook, etc.


it's super awesome! 
I love having something DONE!
Plus, it really only took like a day, if that.

Now....go make one for yourself!!



5 comments:

  1. Wow - I really like your tote. Fabulous Fabric.
    Grey and another color is amazing right?
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! I love the pockets and ruffle you added and great idea to serge the scallops!! It's so cool to see what you use it for, too! Thanks for sewing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the extra pockets and ruffle. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bag! =) I really like the color combo you did & the little details to make it more functional and personal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Nice job! I'd love for you to come link this up at my Tuesday Time Out Party!

    http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/2011/10/for-this-weeks-party.html

    Smiles,
    Melanie

    Reasons To Skip The Housework {The Blog}
    Tinker B Boutique {The Shop}

    {skipthehousework@hotmail.com}

    ReplyDelete