Thursday, April 26, 2012

To write or not to write.....

I've been thinking about some things but I wonder if I really should share everything that's on my mind.
I see this blog as sort of my own journal....a place to put my thoughts but...really, how much should I share? Does anyone who reads this blog even care? Not like that would matter, but I don't want to lose readers over posts. I don't want to be a Debbie downer type either.

Should I filter my thoughts??
Should I only share the happy & awesome in my life??
If I do share any of this....will I be seen as just complaining?

It's a lot to think about.
I am a complex person with a wide range of emotions {even more so with my hormones leveling out--you know almost 4 weeks post-partum.} I think I am allowed to have some thoughts or negativity without being considered a negative person. I am not. I am very happy, incredibly blessed. I have an amazing husband and awesome family. Two beautiful girls and great friends. But I still have opinions on things and ...insecurities...unfortunately.

Should I share those things here??
If not, where??

PS-"I work out" Wednesday will be coming soon...then some of those insecurities will be put out there!!

5 comments:

  1. Share those thoughts sister!!
    And if no one else wants to read them you know you can ALWAYS text me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. write away, its your blog. I wonder the same thing sometimes , mostly about writing things that are of a spiritual nature, wondering if it is appropriate since I choose to have a public blog. But still I say go for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, let it all out! You know I do! ;) It is therapeutic for me to write. And honestly, if people don't want to read it, they don't have to. It is for me. So do what you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring it. If someone doesn't want to read it, they wont. But I doubt you'll have people unsubscribing over a post or two. Besides, you never know who's struggling with the same things you are. Its comforting to know that other people are in the same boat - in fact, you might get even MORE readers =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps. When I wrote all about Ellie's surgery, I had NO idea that it would help one of my friends out. Her child got very sick and she told me she held on to every word I had said to help get her through. I don't know her that well, but when she told me that I was so grateful to have helped. Nobody has a perfect life. And sometimes it is nice to see that.

    ReplyDelete