Thursday, May 3, 2012

Post Partum



Let's be honest here....let's get down to the nitty gritty...
{warning: TMI!}
I think the part I hate the most about pregnancy is the post partum junk
seriously....if you have ever been pregnant, you might know a bit about what I'm talking about. If you haven't experienced it yet....well, take some notes. lol
If you haven't experienced what I list here....well....good for you :P

1. It can be hard to walk or even move without peeing yourself. it's not fun. I learned with #1 the hard way {as I was peeing as I tried to get to the bathroom} with #2 I made sure I went every 1-2 hours, just to make sure there were less accidents. You get to use a nice water bottle to squirt as you go {if it burns} or to just clean, cause you can't wipe, only pat dry.
2. You will bleed....lots. they give you these massive sized pads to help with that. Might as well be wearing depends. it would make it easier & can kill 2 birds with 1 stone {see #1.} They are good for when you go home. then you can reduce size of pads from there. Having a C-section? well, fyi, you will still bleed. 
3. You will be sore - In your body - like a truck hit you, or you got beat up or something. In weird random ways. It will ache. Pushing is hard on your body and even if you only push for 20 mins, it makes you sore. Heck, I think the act of being in labor makes you sore. C-section: yeah, they will cut you open, that will make your body hurt. 
4. You will be sore - down there - like you just got ripped open. like it's swollen and sore and it makes you sad. You may be tempted to look--DON'T. ok, you can, it's not THAT bad. but I suggest waiting a week or two. unless you haaave to, like you think you busted a stitch. Ice packs that they give you in the hospital help, use them. 
5. All the horrible aches and pains that came along with your pregnancy probably won't go away overnight. if at all....I am 4.5 weeks pp and still have swelling, still have numbness in my right hand from carpel tunnel. It took 3 weeks for my hip pain to go away. 2.5 weeks for my pubic symphysis pain to go. I still have back pain and spasms. Still cannot sit comfortably in this chair. 
6. If you get an epidural....there are side effects. don't forget that. My spine burt so bad for about a week after. at the site and all the way up to my neck. then, sometimes my back would lock-up or spasm. not so much fun when you are taking care of a newborn, let alone the other children you have. 
7. Your joints will hurt. I don't know why but my knees are killing me. they hurt so dang bad whenever I have to get up or down, or anything.
8. Breastfeeding hurts so dang bad!!! I'm not gonna lie....the initial latch hurts like glass being pulled out. but it only lasts for a few seconds then goes away. Then it's the next boob & more pain. Plus, if you are lucky, like me....whenever you have a let-down, it feels like your whole chest is cramping up, like a charlie horse in your boobs. This will happen even at random times, when you are "supposed" to be feeding the baby {like every 2 hours, even if they eat every 3-ish-or every hour!}
9. Engorgment--have you ever wanted to know what it feels like to have breast implants? Like the kind that are ridiculously too big?  Well, just miss a feeding and you will know! Miss R slept for 7 hours straight the friday night she turned 1 week! and I woke up wet and in pain! my boob was gi-normous! and hard as a rock. Poor girlie got a mouthful when she ate, that stuff can come out fast!
10. Nothing will fit you. Nothing! unless you go home in your pre-pregnancy jeans, it won't look pretty. {I will get into that in another post!} Maternity clothes look stupid without the cute baby bump. and your pre pregnancy clothes will be small. You know how they say you will look about 6 mos preggo when you go home? yeah, not me. your belly is deflated but still there. I suggest living in some great looking yoga pants for the time being. 
11. Night sweats. remember the swelling I was talking about? well, that all has to come out somehow. people say you pee it out. well, i believe you also sweat it out. You will wake in the night to feed the baby and will be so grossly sweaty. ugh. nasty. 
12. Crazy emotions. Thought those would go away after the baby came? Pfffft!!! You will be weepy, very emotional. they do level out eventually, some people, quicker than others and some people....well, postpartum depression is real. people are usually ashamed of it too. but there are ways to treat it if you just talk it over with your doctor.

That seems like a lot. 
I'm not complaining....just putting it out there.
I love my babies!
I will be waiting a little while to have more, unless something else happens....
I didn't cover everything, and I didn't have a c-section, so, I can't be too accurate. Just don't quote me....this is just from my experiences.

I am bittersweet about my 6 week check-up
PRO: I can be cleared to do some hard-core workouts again {i already have my p90x schedule worked out.} I can be cleared to have sex again! I get peace of mind that everything is OK down there.
CON: I am terrified of the exam. I am terrified to have sex again. weird? yup, i know....but i'm scared things are just going to rip right back open. yikes...seriously scared.



6 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are hahaha. And yeah. I was super duper freaked out to do it again too. Not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had the stuff right about the csection. :) And i agree with all the others since my VBAC. Only, no peeing myself... although, I am STILL sore 3 months later! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sex again is the worst thing ever!! It's like your first time all over again!! It hurts so bad because your smaller (if you can believe it!!) again down there from the sewing!! So just expect the first 10 times to not be fun!! ( I remember thinking... I'm not going to have any more kids if it keeps hurting this bad!! TMI??!! Maybe!! True??!! Yes!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth.

      But after birthing the second kid?

      No problem. ;)

      Delete
    2. For real. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way. I thought I was being a crazy person.

      Delete
  4. Oh man.

    This post just reminded me exactly why I am NOT ready to get preggers with #3 quite yet!

    But I must say, as you very well know, this too shall pass and suddenly you'll feel amazing again. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete