I saw this little Q&A on Welcome to Heardmont and thought I should play along! {go visit her site to see her answers, and browse, she shares some great tutorials and recipes!} I noticed we have the same curtains {from IKEA! love that place!}
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Both...BUT...hot chocolate for me, and eggnog for the hubby. {he loves that junk! bleh!}
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
He wraps! Unless...there is a really big item, it would just get a bow {i can't stand seeing alll that paper go to waste!}
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White. only white. I think it's more classy...and the hubby only wants white also!
| sorry it's blurry |
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. don't even know where to get it....I guess I could look and find some...
5. When do you put your decorations up?
I'm supposed to wait until after Thanksgiving. But I don't have Thanksgiving Decorations {none!} so, this year we decorated right before we left on our mini vacay. it was nice...the house was all decorated when we got home :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Ham. I don't know why....I love it! with mashed potatoes!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
{not exactly a fav but I can't really remember any...}
The last christmas with my dad. I remember getting the tree and him getting it up the stairs, there were needles everywhere. I was excited.
That was the last real tree I remember.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Don't remember...don't care. It's all still magical and beautiful. I love Christmas
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes! usually pjs. we have to match! I love that tradition.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
right now we have no ornaments on here, hubs says it looks "classier" that way. I don't really care, considering ornaments look funny on them since they are maybe 36" tall. We put them on top of our buffet thingy. I think it looks really good there!
11. Snow! love it or dread it?
more of a love than dread...I love to watch it fall and see how beautiful it is all around you. But walking in it or driving in it...not so fun...because other people can't drive {I can, of course!} We haven't had too much snow here...weird! but that's ok....
but not...
if it's going to be this cold, it should snow.
just sayin.
12. Can you ice skate?
not very well. I won't even try right now since I'm preggo. scarrrry!
{side note-the hubby & I's 1st date was ice skating--in August! :)}
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
probably a bike when I was younger.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Family! No doubt.
I love that we can spend so much time together, hanging out, having fun, relaxing, etc.
Plus, it's a great time to remember the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
cheesecake :) yummy! but I don't discriminate...I try everything!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
matching pjs...
we are still working on establishing our own traditions but the pjs will be there every year!
17. What tops your tree?
nothing at the moment.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
GIVING!
I love the anticipation.
I love trying to pick out the perfect gift. and when you actually think you have the perfect gift! that makes it better.
I can't wait for people to open the gifts that I got for them.
But I also worry that they won't like it! Especially if it's something I've made for them!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
minty ones: yuck...fruity ones: yum...chocolatey ones: not so much
but I don't really eat them anyways
20. Favorite christmas movie?
ELF. I LOVE that movie! Will Ferrell is beyond awesome. I can almost quote the whole movie. seriously.
21. Saddest christmas song?
the christmas shoes one. I cried the first time I heard it.
22. What is your favorite christmas song?
{very hard to choose} "What child is this"
I’m curious to see how you guys would answer these questions. Do we share any favorite Christmas traditions? If you play along, leave a link so I can come visit and see your answers!

http://amoseleyfamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-quiz.html?m=1
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! :)
wow, yes those ARE kid-proofed trees! i like them bare, as well. i'd probably like them with decorations, too, though. thanks for linking up. made my day!
ReplyDelete