So, I got this recipe from my grandma years and years ago
I am now going to share it with you all {hopefully, that's ok. lol}
I don't know where she got it, so don't ask....It might be somewhere else on the internet as someone's "original" recipe but I swear I didn't get it from there so don't try to get mad at me for stealing it :)
Key Lime Pie
Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 - 1 cup lemon or lime juice
1 small & 1 large container of cool whip
2 graham cracker pie crusts
food coloring
notice how in my pic there are 3 tubs of cool whip? yeah my wal-mart is ghetto and that's what you get. so I used 3 small containers {just the same!}
Notice the fresh lemons and the store bought lime juice? well, fresh is best {make sure to remove any seeds} and we've always used lemons. i dunno why. maybe it tastes better? you can use any combination of the two...more or less for your specific tartness preference. lol.
mix your juices and milk
you can add your food coloring here, but the cool whip will lighten it up.
so I had to add more later.
{you can make this any color you want to fit your occasion}
add in your cool whip....gently
just lightly fold it in....don't over mix it.
add it to your two pie crusts
refrigerate at least 4 hours {8 hours - overnight works best too!}
enjoy!!!
such a "light" dessert perfect for st. patty's day or any spring/summer event!
........................
SO...I put this into my calorie count recipe builder
for 1 piece of pie {1/8 of a pie} there is:
312 calories
14.0 g fat
9.3 g saturated fat
6 mg cholesterol
145 mg sodium
38.3 g carbs
1.1 g fiber
29.5 g sugar
2.9 g protein
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 6%
Iron 2%
I'm gonna have to stop reading your blog! That seriously looks so good!!!! I might even be able to scrape together the ingredients! Okay, I won't stop reading. (;
ReplyDeleteWow...LOVE this recipe. My guys all LOVE pie so I will have to give this a try. You have a great blog here and I'm so glad I found it. I'm your newest GFC follower and I'd love for you to come visit my blog sometime. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
4you-withlove.blogspot.com
Don't get coolwhip over here, :-(
ReplyDeleteThis looks so good. I think I might have to run to town and get the ingredients for this recipe.....hopefully I can get it anywhere but ghetto Walmart...lol
ReplyDeleteOh! I haven't made this in years and now I'll rectify that this weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing at our Pin'inspiration Party this week. Hope that you pop by tomorrow to help get ready for spring.
I love anything lime and anything that involves cool whip - I will be making this soon :)! Yummy!
ReplyDeleteOoooo this looks absolutely delicious!! I love key lime pie, and it is perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!
ReplyDelete