Saturday, February 25, 2012

orange zest cookies


So I made these bad boys one sunday.....
they were pretty yummy!
ok, very yummy!


They have a nice orange glaze with orange zest
the orange zest is also in the cookies
The recipe can be found here
I would re-post it, but I can't copy and paste from the website.
So you just have to enjoy the pictures :)
I made a few changes.....
I omitted the salt
used salted butter {i never understand that in recipes--if they say butter, is it salted or unsalted?? I like to use the real stuff...but I know of recipes that call for both. it's just weird. i shold probably assume that if it says just "butter" then I should use "salted butter" So, maybe my recipe didn't have enough salt....they still tasted fine.}
My oven runs hot, but I still had to cook it for longer than the time stated {maybe because of the salt? whatevs.} the ones that were in there for less time {recommended time} tasted a bit dough-y
I used less zest in the glaze, but more orange juice.

 

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky Party via: oourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I've never seen orange cookies before and these look incredible! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete