Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bountiful morning!

it's early!
i'm not usually up or out of bed before 8. not if i can help it.
but this morning we were up at 630 am and out the door by 645 to get our bountiful basket
EARLY! lol.
The man is back in bed {he has to work later} but I am feeding the child and frosting a cake {more on that tomorrow!}
But look.....


we got ALL this in 1 basket!

5 large tomatoes
2 large grapefruits
1 pint blueberries
8 navel oranges
7 braeburn apples
1-3 lb bag of baby Idaho red potatoes
+9 loose ones
4 yellow onions
4 {??} turnips {??} of some sort
5 green bell peppers
1 bunch of asparagus
1 bag of green beans
1 head romaine lettuce
1 head of cabbage 

all for only $15.00

LOTS of fruits and veggies!
i'm so excited, because we also got an add-on pack--the veggie lovers pack--asian themed
{because, you know, we like to think we are sort of "ethnic"--not asian {but, you know, we're brown} and I try too cook like it--sometimes. lol}



in this pack we got:

1 bok choy bunch
2 bunches of green beans
1 bunch of celery
1 eggplant
1 bag of {?} bay leaves
1 bag snap peas
1 head of chinese cabbage
1 bunch of garlic
2 yellow onions
1 peice of ginger root
6 unknown red/purple turnip like thingys

all for only $8.50

it's super legit!
you should look into it if you have one near you, you can seriously eat healthier, fresher and cheaper this way! all this at the grocery store would cost a whole lot more!! 
seriously!
4.99 for a bunch of asparagus?? yikes!


SO....any ideas what item #1 is???
i'm sure I will just say "ahhhhhh" once you tell me....but I just can't recall....I know it's not a jicama
and it smells root-ish.


any ideas on item #2???
keep in mind it was in the asian pack.....
i could google it....but you know...
I'm tired, a bit hungry, the child wants MORE blueberries and I need to shower!

Hope you have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. I think those are watermellon radishes, not turnips. Are they bright pink in the middle? If so, they are. How do we sign up for Bountiful Baskets?? We want in!! FB me. Of text me. But I don't think you have my number. Whatever you do, don't walk ALL THE WAY UPSTAIRS to tell me!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'm going to vote 'Rutabaga' on item #1, and #2 could be a water chestnut? BUT. Holy mackerel. What a load, for such a steal! I need to talk to Tate about getting in on this action.

    ReplyDelete