Saturday, February 11, 2012

Raspberry Cheesecake Trifle

SO I wanted to make something for my RS activity.
Turns out....none of it got eaten! {there were no plates or utensils there...???}
yep! NONE!! I had to bring this ALL home and eat it myself....well, I shared with the hubby and child, but still.
it all started out with wanting to make pound cake.
I had everything I needed for it.
But then....I thought of rasperries, and pound cake and a trifle!!
well...it started with trying to do shooters...you know like the kind you get at like applebees.
nope. hubby brought home the wrong stuff and I couldn't make it. Oh well.
Trifle it was!



                                                                           Source: elizabethsedibleexperience.blogspot.com via Lisa on Pinterest

 So wanted to make pound cake....it sounded SO good one day and I came across this recipe above plus...this one below
                                                                                           Source: allrecipes.com via Lisa on Pinterest

I used both recipes and came up with this:

Not as brown around the edges as I thought it would be. But that's OK!
still tasted GREAT!
I love how allrecipes.com has a section where people leave comments about a recipe. they have done all the trial and error for you!
But you still need to test things out for yourself.
My oven wasn't completely cooled before putting it in, then turning on the oven and letting it cook.
it creates a nicer, browner crust.
Plus...I used margarine instead of butter. I was out and I'm preggo and it's cold here and didn't feel like going out to get it! LOL.
The pound cake as a whole was good! But it also was better when eaten the next day or so. I don't know why....??


Ingredients:

pound cake {cut into cubes}
1 large tub cool whip
1 bag frozen raspberries
1 container ready made cheesecake filling
1 package rasperry danish
3/4 cup water
fresh raspberries

Directions

Boil the water
add the raspberry danish
remove from heat
add frozen raspberries

allow it to cool a bit {the raspberries will help}

layer the trifle....
raspberry danish mix
cheesecake
cool whip
pound cake

or whatever order you please! :)
just top with the cool whip then fresh raspberries!!
cool in fridge for about 4 hours.

it was SO yummy!

Want to make it even better!?!?!
seriously, make a batch of brownies and add them to the mix OR just make it with the brownies, no pound cake!!!! OH MY!! It was SOOOOO good!!

<3



6 comments:

  1. Is this from the activity the other night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! sure is....I am just NOW getting to blogging about it. lol.

      Delete
  2. I love raspberries and this looks soo yummy! I just may have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made a trifle but this looks yummy!! Thank you for linking up to my weekly party!!

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this looks amazing!! I love raspberry and love cheesecake!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete