So I am finally posting about these baby loveys that I made, quite a while ago
i was lazy busy.... :)
i used the tutorial over at 2 little Hooligans
It has step by step instructions with lots of pictures! very nice!
my only con about it:
there is no end size for the strips after you ruffle them, so you never know if you have ruffled too much or too little....the ruffle does loosen with sewing and then you have to trim.....and there isn't quite a measurement of your ruffled area :/
so i guessed. and mine ended up being pretty big, i think.
#1 i didn't realize how big a lovey should be so when i put them together....i thought it was too small (my mind is thinking baby blanket)
#2 i added more strips to make them bigger
they still look cute though!
I back two of them with light pink minky-the one with the polka-dot pattern (found a bit from a remnant dept in hobby lobby for cheap!!)
I also found the rolled-rose minky stuff too (in pic above) in the same spot (that junk is MESSY!!)
They are nice and soft though!
these are the other two blankets
you can see with the one with the doll, it's kind of big.
a newborn could be wrapped in it....and it could be used as a doll blanket
oh well....now I know :)
<3
Wow, your blankets are beautiful! I love all the different colors and textures! Hey, come link up to my new link party, the Head to Head Showdown at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty! Love the idea of the ruffle blanket. Very girly! <3
ReplyDeleteVery cute! Great colour combinations!
ReplyDeleteThese baby blankets are so sweet and pretty. I love your choice of fabrics too. :)
ReplyDeleteI've found your blog through Tea Rose Home Link party.
Hope you have a great week! :)
Tanya