So today....I am thankful for....Miss K sleeping through the night!
seriously!
Although, my preggo self is waking at least once to go potty, and I have trouble falling asleep, I can handle that.
K sometimes wakes once because she goes potty in the middle of the night to (and it's never at the same time as me, of course!) But the hubby will take care of her (she needs help wiping, tmi? oh well)
But if he gets her, I can go right back to sleep....and so can he. we all win.
If I go to get her...i have trouble falling back to sleep.
Last night k didn't wake at all! nice!
But once, is nothing. I can handle that.
You may not know this, but not too long ago, k couldn't sleep through the night AT ALL
it all started about july 2009...
she was born April 23, 2009, she was typical newborn and then baby, waking to nurse, having trouble going to sleep (i had no clue) but then she eventually got into a routine and she was waking just once a night! oh happy day!!
Then....I had to go back to work :(
and it all changed.
She was up about 3 maybe 5 times a night, to nurse, for comfort, just to see me...?? who knows...
And it didn't stop.
it didn't stop when we co-slept
it didn't stop when I stopped working in Oct 2010
she would only take 1 maybe 2 30 min naps throughout the day, she was on edge
i used to have to lay with her until she fell asleep and then sneak out of the room to clean/eat/gain some sanity
but then she would wake and I wouldn't be there, and she would cry.
I tried letting her cry it out (broke my heart, btw)
Finally....it kind of stopped...
We spent a lot of time at The Lawrence's, they had two twin beds, one for me, one for her.
BUT they also had a TV in the room!
She requested it on, like a night light type of thing. I agreed.
And it was quiet
She watched TV until she fell asleep. She would wake in the night, see the TV and take a sip of her water, and fall right back to sleep!!!
OH MY!!
She was almost 2 by this time.
WOW! was that really all it took?
But then, I started reading how bad it was for a child to sleep with the TV on :/
and I got worried.
It was always muted, and most the time the closed captioning was on (she can't read, but I can hope :)
Then the VCR seemed to go ka-put!
well...guess that means no TV at night anymore!
(que in my terrified, "what will she do" look!)
Luckily, it was nap-time and so she didn't need the light, she continued to read her books (piles and piles are usually found in there after nap/bedtime)
And she still fell asleep on her own!! YAYYY!
But I was stil scared about night-time.
We had bought this fake fish tank thingy that we were going to give to her for Christmas to replace the TV. But it turned into a Halloween/potty trained gift instead.
We installed in on her wall, near her bed and she sleeps!!
I am so grateful to be able to get some sleep.
remember how I said this baby is sucking the life out of me? Yep...
I am beyond tired all the time. it's odd. you would think I would have more energy, but nope.
SO I am grateful for K sleeping and letting me sleep in until 830 am!
I am grateful for the books, animals, tv, and aquarium that keep her occupied/company during the night
ahh, the little things!
(sorry this was such a loong story!)
What are you thankful for today??
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOUR BLOG>
ReplyDeleteOh what a beautiful family you have!
I cant wait to keep following and learning more about you. Sorry you have a new stalker :)
I also love your THANKFUL lists :)